You know you’re Mexican if …
- Your whole family goes to the laundromat.
- You grow corn in your garden.
- You have a birthday party for your son or daughter and you invite more adults than children.
- You beep your horn instead of ringing the doorbell.
- You go to McDonald’s or Burger King and you bring your own salsa and jalapeños.
- You took Spanish in high school for an easy A and got a C.
- You take your family on un paseo through the car wash and tell them that the ride is called “The Tidal Wave.”
- You’re married, but your mother still hits you in public.
- The police pull you over and you pretend not to speak English.
- You have a statue of la Virgen in a half-buried bathtub in your front lawn.